Dear Truro Family,
Every once in a while – both in peaceful seasons and in difficult seasons – it’s good for a church to review some of the basic biblical principles of how God intends for us to operate. Here are some reminders for us all from 1 Corinthians 12:
- We are one body with many members – just as it is with Christ (1 Cor. 12:12)
- We drink of one Spirit (1 Cor. 12:13)
- We are independent and yet interdependent (1 Cor. 12:14-17; 21)
- We have been arranged and gifted by God (1 Cor. 12:18; 28-30)
- We are each called to honor – and care for – the other members, especially the weaker ones (1 Cor. 12:22-25)
- We share with each other, both in rejoicing and in suffering (1 Cor. 12:26)
- We are always to seek more from God (1 Cor. 12:30)
Let’s ask ourselves: are we in line with this picture of a healthy body? Where are we strong? Where are we in need of strengthening? Because in and of ourselves, we will inevitably fail at this. But God hasn’t abandoned us to figure out how to live this way. He has given us the Holy Spirit, who empowers us to live a life of love (1 Cor. 13), together, despite our circumstances, and invites us into this better way of life together.
Pray with us that God would use this season of shaking to make our bonds of fellowship even stronger, that we would be one body, held together in Christ, filled with his Holy Spirit, and supporting one another in love.