Dear Truro Family,
This coming Sunday is the fourth Sunday of Advent. I hope you’ll join us in-person or online! And if you’re able to be with us in person, remember to keep an eye out for someone you don’t know, and make an effort at starting a conversation. In a church of our size, it’s easy for people – especially new people – to slip through the cracks. Let’s remember Paul’s admonition in 1 Corinthians 12:27: “Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.”
Last week I encouraged us all to be thinking and praying about making time in our schedules next year for daily Bible reading. It will transform our life – slowly but surely – as the Word of God works its way into our mind, soul, and memory. There are tons of great resources out there, so for the sake of space, let me share only five:
- The One Year Chronological Bible
- Through the Bible Through the Year by John Stott
- Our Anglican Daily Office Lectionary
- The Bible in One Year with Nicky & Pippa Gumbel
- The M’Cheyne Reading Plan. Devised by 19th Century Scottish minister, Robert Murray M’Cheyne. This is the plan I use. It takes you through the New Testament and Psalms twice a year, and the Old Testament once. This LINK takes you to a one-page PDF with the reading breakdowns.
Friends, I’m so grateful for you all, and I’m truly excited about everything that God has for us as a church in the new year. See you on Sunday!