Our mission is one of radical hospitality. Through the TIPS 1-to-1 Summer Conversation Program, we endeavor to create a safe environment where an international friend can meet with a native-English speaking Christian to practice English while building a relationship of friendship and trust. Each year we seek adult volunteers who are good listeners and young at heart.
Volunteer Program Commitment:
- One Truro volunteer with one TIPS international friend
- Meeting for conversation once a week for 1-1 ½ hours
- Meet 6 times (June–August); you and your partner set the time and place
- First-time partners must attend a one-hour orientation
- All partners must attend 45 min to 1 hour initial partner introduction meeting
Completed application is required by volunteers prior to orientation. We will make all attempts to partner volunteers with TIPS international friends, but if we have more volunteers than internationals you may be placed on a wait list.
Application dates will be available in the spring.